My Amazing Tortoises!!
  • SagechSagech June 2006
    Haha, this is a great story..

My maid let my tortoises (2 of them) out to walk around a bit somewhere outside of my house P After that both of them got lost lol I couldn't find them anywhere. They're definitely not within my house compound.

After about [bb0d736c77c]A WEEK[/bb0d736c77c], there was a heavy rain. Then shockingly, I found one of the tortoise!! Apparently it walked back to my house P

Amazing huh?! I didn't know that tortoises had such great brains to recognize where they are D

EDIT Owh yeah, the tortoise was only less than 1 year old P
  • June 2006 Edit
    hmmm but i know turtle is very good in recognize direction.

like terengganu sea turtle at batu buruk, every year also will come back hatch eggs at beach.

i think tortoise also same family.
  • June 2006 Edit
    Hi, wat tortoise is it?......maybe u can post ur tortoise photo in the exotic pets thread. I have a star tortoise photo there.... support the exotic pets thread.....
  • June 2006 Edit
    I just can't believe this!! The second one just came back!!

Mine is the cheap tortoise. Sorry, I dont know the name, but they cost like about rm8-10 each and they're green oops

hehehe, ill post the pic later P
  • June 2006 Edit
    Is it green n have 1 red line near its eyes......if it is, then i guess it is a red-eyed slider......Maybe wen i see the photo, then i will know......regards
  • July 2006 Edit
    Me also had experienced the same thing happened to Sagech, both 2 of my red-eye slider suddently hilang (maybe climb out frm pail). Then I can't find them for almost 2 months.But then my dad found them beside a flower pot under a tree at my house and they are quite big by the time. hahaha !
  • July 2006 Edit
    [quote12dbd7292a="Thunder_blast"]Me also had experienced the same thing happened to Sagech, both 2 of my red-eye slider suddently hilang (maybe climb out frm pail). Then I can't find them for almost 2 months.But then my dad found them beside a flower pot under a tree at my house and they are quite big by the time. hahaha ![/quote12dbd7292a]

I guess they juz escape n never run away....jus find a new house beside the flower pot under a tree......until ur dad found them. So how are they now? Maybe can post photos of them. P
  • August 2006 Edit
    hmm maybe i am right. turtle or tortoise know direction well.. hehe

actually animal like them, having good sense of direction becoz they can sense the magnetic field around the earth.
  • August 2006 Edit
    [quote19bfaf515d="scoobydoo"]hmm maybe i am right. turtle or tortoise know direction well.. hehe

actually animal like them, having good sense of direction becoz they can sense the magnetic field around the earth.[/quote19bfaf515d]

issit? I never knew that.....
  • August 2006 Edit
    You see .. human sense nth .. haiz .. got la , smell food when hungry .. haahhaz
  • August 2006 Edit
    [quoted34f32b527="aimeh"]You see .. human sense nth .. haiz .. got la , smell food when hungry .. haahhaz[/quoted34f32b527]

Same case as aimeh......he hungry wake up eat then SLEEP again.....good sense....
  • August 2006 Edit
    [quote945ba93fbb="alligator_28"][quote945ba93fbb="Thunder_blast"]Me also had experienced the same thing happened to Sagech, both 2 of my red-eye slider suddently hilang (maybe climb out frm pail). Then I can't find them for almost 2 months.But then my dad found them beside a flower pot under a tree at my house and they are quite big by the time. hahaha ![/quote945ba93fbb]

I guess they juz escape n never run away....jus find a new house beside the flower pot under a tree......until ur dad found them. So how are they now? Maybe can post photos of them. P[/quote945ba93fbb]

run away agian and nv see him again anymore.... (
  • August 2006 Edit
    [quotea4115326d6="Thunder_blast"][quotea4115326d6="alligator_28"][quotea4115326d6="Thunder_blast"]Me also had experienced the same thing happened to Sagech, both 2 of my red-eye slider suddently hilang (maybe climb out frm pail). Then I can't find them for almost 2 months.But then my dad found them beside a flower pot under a tree at my house and they are quite big by the time. hahaha ![/quotea4115326d6]

I guess they juz escape n never run away....jus find a new house beside the flower pot under a tree......until ur dad found them. So how are they now? Maybe can post photos of them. P[/quotea4115326d6]

run away agian and nv see him again anymore.... ([/quotea4115326d6]

Run away again??? Why didn't u keep it in a safe place??? cry ( cry (
  • September 2006 Edit
    got one day my dad put it around my house. but then it dissapere again.
  • September 2006 Edit
    [quote3dbc1fd156="Thunder_blast"]got one day my dad put it around my house. but then it dissapere again.[/quote3dbc1fd156]

Oh like this hoh.......erm, till today not found yet ???
  • September 2006 Edit
    haha, you never take extra precautions after it dissapeared the first time? hehe

Now I have 8 red-eyed sliders P

I like to see the small ones climbing on top of the bigger one haha
  • September 2006 Edit
    [quote43426028c3="Sagech"]haha, you never take extra precautions after it dissapeared the first time? hehe

I like to see the small ones climbing on top of the bigger one haha[/quote43426028c3]

Can u post a photo of ur small red-eyed sliders climbing on top of the bigger one. They must sure look cute.... p
  • September 2006 Edit
    [quote11169f588c="alligator_28"][quote11169f588c="Thunder_blast"]got one day my dad put it around my house. but then it dissapere again.[/quote11169f588c]

Oh like this hoh.......erm, till today not found yet ???[/quote11169f588c]

yup almost 3years ard.
  • September 2006 Edit
    [quotee4893555f5="Sagech"]haha, you never take extra precautions after it dissapeared the first time? hehe

I like to see the small ones climbing on top of the bigger one haha[/quotee4893555f5]
    I cant do anything coz my dad found it and he wants to put the slider at the place where he plant vegetable. Maybe my boxer dog play with it and dono gone where ard.

yayaya upload ur sliders pic lah
  • November 2006 Edit
    haha after so long only i post the pics..

you can see the pics on my flickr photo page haha

http//www.flickr.com/photos/55971988@N00/
  • November 2006 Edit
    I have a look at the sliders dy. Cute....!!!
  • January 2007 Edit
    i didn't stack them up lol! they climbed on top of each other themselves
  • January 2007 Edit
    kinda wonder how they do that. especially the smallest one on the very TOP!!! Hehe!!!
  • August 2007 Edit
    did tortoise bite...? )
  • April 2009 Edit
    Just want to make small correction, the common green turtle is Red Ear Slider.. not Red-Eyed Slider.

You may visit this website for more information or as reference.

www.redearslider.com

thank you.
  • April 2010 Edit
    hope your pet safe..
  • VadyVady October 2011
    Post your ads for FREE on Uniaga.com Pet Classifieds