i need help on choosing of pet!!!!
  • meijienmeijien August 2007
    hi everyone...i need help...
    wht is the best pet to take care(not so tough to take care)

last time i have 2 dwarf..the they matting and got childrens...
    then i pregnant my mom said dont take care of the pet...then i givethem all to my aunty...but my aunty said all them has died..idont know y...

so tht i donthaveany pet now except fish...
    i see therei sguniea pig..is it easy to take care..wht about their home...need abig place?...
    but i have read some bout GP..but they need vitamin C n soon... ithink not easy to take care of GP...

i think i want to buy Dwarf hamster...

from u guys do u havesuggestion..which one is better...
    orany type ofother pet...except dog and cat...i'm afraid of them...i hv been bite by cat..so idont ...n my hubby dont want have a cat..
    please help...

or maybe tortoise? lol shock D roll
  • August 2007 Edit
    Anything with a mouth will bite if they feel threaten or provoked.

Guinea Pigs are pretty easy if you keep them indoors in a proper solid floored cage. A very large storage box is good enough for 2..... if you buy the branded food like Hagen or LM farms or Sluis, it already has Vitamin C in it.

Hamster.... if you give away to someone who doesn't know how to care for them, sure die lah. I breed hamsters, they do not simply die for no reason.

Dwarf hamster, make sure you only keep one.... if you keep 2, get females only or males only. Animals do not need sex to feel happy, in fact, they are happier and live longer if they do not have babies.

Tortoises are not easy. They need calcium supplements, proper UV lighting, dry substrate, proper humidity and correct fiber in food. They are prone to flu and metabolic bone disease if the care if not good.

Terrapins or fresh water turtles are more bitey, they need of course half land and half water set up. Diet needs to be quality pellets, along with vegies. Sun light or proper UV lighting is a must.

Not every animal is easy to keep. Research needs to be done and alot of books to read. I never stop reading.

A pet that is very likely not to bite are rats and gerbils....
  • August 2007 Edit
    I know gerbils dun bite. But rats dun bite too??

And btw, i heard u are working in Zoo Negara, true??
  • August 2007 Edit
    Hahah....tame rats do not bite. I have 10 adult rats and 35 young rats at home, they don't bite at all no matter how you handle them. But wild ones or untame ones would. So far, the rats that I have sold to people that kept them as pets updated me that their pet rats are better than hamsters, so social and can sit on their shoulders when they walk around.

Oh, I stopped working already.... was only a part time job and no, not Zoo Negara but Sunway Interactive Zoo inside Sunway Lagoon.... was there since end of November till mid January.
  • August 2007 Edit
    Oh, cool. How was the work there??? Ya, u have told me b4 that ur mice dun bite. Maybe its my mis-conception that mouse bite. Haha.
  • August 2007 Edit
    Work there was pretty good, but of course tiring coz physical work and alot communication and interaction with visitors hahaha... not a job for the shy type.
  • September 2008 Edit
    I think you will get bored of tortoise real soon. wink

Hamsters make good pets....but they breed very fast shock

Why not something unique like sugar gliders? wink
  • September 2009 Edit
    i wouldn't recommend exotic animals such as iguanas or star tortoises. first of all, quite few pet shops are actually equipped with the knowledge of how to properly rear such pets. i have had an iguana and several poor baby tortoises die on me becoz i was not properly informed on ther care & habitat. it was also partly my fault; i should have done my research. but it's a tough lesson learnt.

Hamsters are fairly easy to take care of provided you get a pair of same-sex ones that will not land a mess of babies on your hands...haha. hamsters can be verrry protective of their newborn, to the point that they will eat their babies rather than let u threaten them! i'm serious.

other than that, if you change their litter regularly & allow them a sufficiently spacious cage that gives thm enough exercise, they should be quite happy. a lot of people also have fun buying those mini-playground sets for their hamster cages & letting the lil critters run wild over them. but careful, those mini tunnels & slides can be a pain to clean! P
  • November 2009 Edit
    [quoted98c25138e="meijien"]hi everyone...i need help...
    wht is the best pet to take care(not so tough to take care)

last time i have 2 dwarf..the they matting and got childrens...
    then i pregnant my mom said dont take care of the pet...then i givethem all to my aunty...but my aunty said all them has died..idont know y...

so tht i donthaveany pet now except fish...
    i see therei sguniea pig..is it easy to take care..wht about their home...need abig place?...
    but i have read some bout GP..but they need vitamin C n soon... ithink not easy to take care of GP...

i think i want to buy Dwarf hamster...

from u guys do u havesuggestion..which one is better...
    orany type ofother pet...except dog and cat...i'm afraid of them...i hv been bite by cat..so idont ...n my hubby dont want have a cat..
    please help...

or maybe [bd98c25138e]tortoise[/bd98c25138e]? lol shock D roll[/quoted98c25138e]

thats an answer...[bd98c25138e]tortoise[/bd98c25138e]
    if you choose tortoise for pet you'l see walking stone.
    no need large space, a lot food, ect.
    the appearance so exotic
    be brave take your choice
    D D
  • February 2010 Edit
    Hello there )
    Guinea Pigs are easy to take care...and they are superb cutie mammals ... i just provide them fresh clean water,and pallets everyday and sometimes my mom cooks or my dad's cuts fruits ,there be some leftover or unwanted veggies and fruits which can be eaten,i gave it to them...and the veggie/fruits will be enough to provide them vitamins )
    but be careful not every fruit and veggie can be consume by guinea pigs...
    haha besides that,my GP poo and uneaten foods will be used as fertilizer use as my home do have a nice flower garden created by my dad...
    Thus, i also do feed my feeders the uneaten food from my Gp's
    To be honest,,,they are really easy to take care...

Regards,
    Rystic aka Bryan )